Monday, November 26, 2007

9 Months Old

So I am a bit behind on this since he turned Nine Months last Thursday. I still can't believe how quickly the time goes when you have a little one.

Except for the last couple of weeks things have continued to be great, unfortunately our family has been hit with a couple of colds, but we all seem to be on the mend. Luckily the worst that Joshua got was a runny nose.


Sleeping has become and ever increasing problem, that I am working hard on rectifying. He has gone from sleeping through the night to now wanting to sleep next to us all night, yes I broke down and started bringing him in to bed with us, so now I am trying to get him to stay in his crib for the entire night and hopefully get him back to sleeping through the night. I have dubbed this "Baby Boot Camp" and we are currently on Day 4. He has spent the last two nights in his crib but is waking quite frequently. When he was sleeping in our bed he took to nursing frequently, at least every two hours, so I am also trying to get him back to only nursing two times per night instead. I think it is going to be a long process but it is definitely necessary.
Despite Chris and I being sure he was going to take off crawling as soon as he learned to rock, he still has yet to do it. He now rocks and pushes up high on his toes in a reverse v shape, but still no crawling. I am sure once we get the Christmas Tree up this weekend he will have the motivation he needed to start.

2 comments:

  1. Wow nine months already! Leyla has been sleeping with me too; fortunately she isn't snacking all night long. I think it's the age...or the tired parent syndrome. Sometimes I'd rather have consecutive sleep verses a perfect sleep arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally right there with you on the sleeping thing...Gabriel was doing so well sleeping through the night, but since this past weekend, it's been crazy, up every 2 hours....every night!
    I feel your pain!! If you have any breakthroughs, post and let me know!

    ReplyDelete