Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally Crawling

What an exciting morning we have had today, Joshua has finally started crawling, it is still a bit slow and a bit shakey, but he has finally progressed from his thrusting movements. For a month and a half now he has been fairly mobile, but this movement involved him thrusting around the house, getting up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth and shooting himself forward, he was not understanding that he needed to use his arms, until this morning. He also started being able to sit himself up on his own and he has started to climb me. I know not all babies learn to crawl and "apparently" the norm for sitting up on their own was 11 months but I was getting a bit anxious for him to meet these milestones. He has also started climbing the step from the living room to the kitchen/dining room so he can get all over our main floor. Good thing we moved our playpen on to the mainfloor, otherwise I don't know how I would get anything done.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Joshua!! I know Gabriel had the hardest time figuring out how to get his hands to move to get crawling.
    The playpen is my saving grace these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations to Joshua on the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's going to be fast in no time! And it sounds like he'll be climbing over everything. I read that climbing is essentially crawling, just upwards. Watch out! Enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete