Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Welcome Joshua Keith

Sorry for the delay in posting this, I was having trouble accessing the site.
Joshua Keith made is his grande appearance on February 22 at 12:47 am after a very short labour. I ended up having to be induced early because my fluids started to leak again and my OB just decided that now would be the time. I suppose all the bedrest really paid off because this was only a couple of days after I was taken off of bedrest.

I ended up getting an epidural because the pain was so intense and our nurse who started the induction said he wouldn't be born until at least 7 the next morning. However, the epidural only last 30 minutes and wore off just in time for me to start pushing. I only had to push a few times as well and then had to wait 30 minutes for my OB to come, she literally walked in the door and caught him because I just couldn't wait anymore.

Chris was fantastic (as I knew he would be) and supported me through everything, I am so thankful for him. He is such a wonderful dad too! It was really neat Joshua came out screaming, which is wonderful, and Chris went over to see him and as soon as he started talking to him, he stoppd crying instantly. He even put his feet up on the side of the bassinet and looked like he was lounging!

He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long!



No comments:

Post a Comment