Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One Month with Two Kids

I have been dealing with two kids for a month now, and to be perfectly honest I am exhausted. Last week we were all hit with bad colds, it started with Joshua, then spread to Chris and I and hit Abigail last. I won't lie it was hard having all of us sick and still getting up for nightly feedings/fussiness with Abigail and getting up with Joshua who was only waking because he wasn't feeling well.

I think Joshua is having a hard time adjusting to not being an only child and not being the centre of my attention. He is acting out by hitting, biting, kicking, and throwing things. I really need to get Joshua into an activity that is all for him, I have been considering gymnastics but I fear that I have missed the start of this session, hopefully another one starts shortly. I was considering preschool but I don't think he is ready yet, nor is he potty trained.

I am finding it really hard to get stuff done, from the mountains of laundry that two children make and keeping the house clean I just don't seem to get a break. I am also trying to give Chris as much time as possible to study since he is in school, which usually means getting out of the house, which again is another task that is difficult. While Abby is content to sleep where ever we go Joshua wants to run wild which means I am chasing after him. Thankfully my Mother In Law has been helping with these outings when she can on the weekends and thankfully Chris is almost done school, but then he is back at work and working long hours again!

Anyways, that is how my life is right now, I am sure it will improve soon!

2 comments:

  1. Boo. I'm sorry you're so exhausted. Two sick kids can really take it out of even a healthy person. When I'm sick I can't even take care of one. So props to you.

    I worry that Cameron will be the same when we have another with respect to acting out. He's used to being the centre of the world...I can't imagine what he'll do when he has to wait a minute for my attention. But I think Joshua will adjust soon. I agree, if you can do something just you and him maybe once a week to give him "special time" that might help. I think I'll keep Cameron in the dayhome part-time when we have another so a baby isn't holding him back from getting out and about as he'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an initiation! It's definitely an adjustment from the sounds of it. Gymnastics is a great idea. Most clubs let you start part way through a session and will give you a discount for the missed classes. A friend who knew she was going to be away for the first two weeks in September, waited until she came back to register just for the discount. I hope josh comes around soon!

    ReplyDelete