Monday, October 22, 2007

8 Months

Apparently I still haven't figured out how to stop time, or at least slow it down a little. Joshua is already 8 months old. When I came to the realization that he was eight months old I though, I must have skipped a month, nope he actually is 8 months.

Eight months into this parenting thing and I can honestly say he is a great baby, besides the last few days since he has been teething. I love interacting with him and watching him learn new things.

The introduction of new foods continues to go well, however he has already proved that he doesn't like certain things. The main thing that he refuses to eat is his cereal mixed with water, I normally mix it with breast milk but if I don't have any pumped than I have tried mixing it with water and he gags and coughs and refuses to take more, I have even tried mixing it with fruit and still no luck. Recently I have started giving him chunks of food and letting him feed himself. So far he has tried steamed squash, steamed sweet potatoes, and banana on his own. He really doesn't get any of it in his mouth but he seems to really enjoying trying.

He is starting to play with his toys more and more, his newest thing is throwing his toys, at this point they don't go very far but I am sure with time that will change.

He is still not crawling yet and seems to get very irritated if he wants something that is just slightly out of his reach. In a way I am looking forward to his the independance that comes with crawling yet concerned that he will constantly be on the go once he does start crawling.

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment