Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eleven Months

Joshua turned 11 months yesterday, he continues to be such a wonderfully happy baby. At this point he still has no interest in walking since he can get everywhere he needs to by crawling. I have tried tempting him to grab things that are just out his reach, but instead of taking a tiny step he gets down, crawls to me, stands up and grabs the object. He almost seems afraid to stand on his own sometimes. His favourite things seem to be climbing the stairs, dropping his ball into his Leap Frog table, and throwing things and chasing after them (some items he likes to throw are balls, drum sticks, and empty containers). He finally is showing an interest in books, for the last few months he would not let me show him a book, he doesn't like me reading to him but he does like sitting down and looking at the pictures on his own. I figure it's a start and if he lets me I point at the pictures and say hat they are.

Baby proofing is in full swing in our house. Our main floor is becoming a bit of a prison, we have a baby gate blocking the stairs and a baby gate blocking the front entrance (keeping him out of the cat food).

I have recently found a dayhome that is just down the street, we also have him registered in a daycare, but we like the idea of a dayhome, at least when he is younger. He will start going to daycare at the beginning of Febraury, I will take a few times a week for a few hours at a time to see how he does. When I originally took to see the home he was really happy and he loved the lady who will be taking care of him, so much so that he didn't want to come back to me when we were leaving. It is very hard thinking about leaving your child in someone else's care, but it is something that I need to get used to, and quickly since I go back to work on February 25th.

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment