Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Comparison

I have been looking for Joshua's Immunization Card for about three weeks now and I finally found it today. He doesn't have any immunications coming up but I was curious for the sake of comparing how Abby is doing compared to her big brother.

Joshua
Birth - 6 lbs 13 ozs
5 days - 6lbs 7 ozs
1 week, 5 days - 7 lbs
2 weeks, 5 days - 7 lbs 6 ozs
3 weeks 5 days - 7 lbs 15 oz

Abigail
Birth - 7 lbs 3 oz
4 days - 6 lbs 14.5 oz
1 week, 4 days - 7 lbs 6.5 oz
2 weeks, 3 days - 8 lbs (at doctors office)
3 weeks 4 days - 8lbs 9.5 ozs

I think a common concern with most breast feeding mothers, including myself, is how much baby is actually getting and are they growing at a good rate. Looking at both of there numbers I don't think I have any cause for concern. I am shocked that Abigail is already weighing so much more than her big brother. She does have a touch of jaundice, but her brothers was worse so I suppose she is able to stay awake better to feed than he was so that is contributing to her extra growth!

1 comment: