Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another Big Baby Purchase

Today we purchased our stroller and car seat, actually I should say that Chris' mum purchased it for us as her gift for the baby (we have been very lucky with our family's generosity). I have been looking at some of the different models that are available as well as the the different features. We really wanted one that was adaptable with the infant car seat, it clicks from the car seat base right into the stroller or into the house. Chris was also very adamant about it not being one of the 3-wheel strollers that are available now, I love them but he is not comfortable with them and preferred one with four wheels.

We ended up with the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe in Moonstruck (that is the color). It came with the Graco SafeSeat which is better for a bigger baby upto 30 lbs and 32 inches. Since everyone is convinced that this will be a very big baby we thought it would be better to have the bigger infant seat so that he could stay in it longer. The picture below makes it look more turquoise but it really more of a dark blue/navy color.
We also picked up our diaper bag today. I have been looking at the selection of those as well and none of them were really peaking my interested until we were in Roots today and I saw a really great one and to make it even better it was 50% off because of their Boxing Day Sale so we snatched that up quickly. Oh and I have been debating getting the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium for the baby's crib and I was in SuperStore the other day and they had it on sale for $9.99 and it is regularly $39.99 so that was another great deal that we picked up.
We have the dresser already but it still needs to be assembled and we have the glider for the nursery on order and I am hoping that it is here soon because then I can work on finishing off the nursery. My next step will be to wash all the babies clothes and bedding and get them put away, I figure I will tackle that in February.

1 comment:

  1. Trish! Sounds like things are coming together for you guys - wow, I can't believe you're due in less than 3 months! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete