Thursday, February 1, 2007

34 Week Update

I reached 34 weeks yesterday, I can't believe it. I have been on bedrest for four weeks now, at times it seems to be going to quickly and other times seems to be going by slowly. I was given the green light by the nurse a few days ago that I could make dinner again, so hopefully that helps Chris out, he still doing all of the cleaning and getting ready for the baby.

Today I also got a call from the Antenatal program that they have spoken to my doctor and they are going to drop me down to 3 visits a week instead of everyday. This means that things are going well, but I am kind of sad at the same time because they really helped to break up my day.

The baby is doing wonderfully and seems to have changed positions, he is still head down but I am not sure if he turned around our what because my belly completely changed shape overnight. The nurse thinks he may have just moved further down into the birthing position, I plan to ask my doctor today at my appointment.

At my last doctor's appointment my doctor said that I would likely be coming off of bidirectional at 36 weeks so only 2 weeks to go, I am practically counting down the days. Once off of bidirectional I will be able to resume a somewhat normal life again, minus working of course. I have been creating mad lists of things that we need to get or things that we need to get done and I am looking forward to being able to completing some of them on my own and given Chris a break.

2 comments:

  1. Trish,

    I missed that you are on bed rest still. I hope it's going OK. 34 weeks! It won't be long now until your baby will be here. It's so worth the wait.

    -Cara

    ReplyDelete