Thursday, August 2, 2007

Preparing for Solids

Joshua's next big milestone is rapidly approaching, the beginning of solid foods! Up to this point Joshua has only ever experience breast milk, so this should be a very interesting experience for all three of us. I have decided, for now at least, to make all of the foods on my own, minus the cereals. So far I have our freezer stocked with peas, yellow beans, carrots, and enough sweet potatoes to feed our neighborhood. So far the task has been fairly enjoyable, I set the vegetables to steam on the stove and carry on with my normal routine, once they are soft enough I throw them in the blender until they are smooth, then I pour them into ice cube tray to freeze. Once they are frozen I toss them in a freezer bag to store. Joshua sits in the Bumbo and watches quite closesly as I prepare everything.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only who cooks with their baby! I love it so much. Hopefully he'll like all the food you prepare. Leyla gags quite a bit, but I've read that's normal, but still...

    ReplyDelete