Saturday, August 11, 2007

Watch out for Flying Food!


Last Monday I gave in and decided to start Joshua on solid foods, they recommend waiting until babies are 6 months old, but I figured he was close enough! His first food adventure was with rice cereal. I initially made it with water, since he didn't seem to thrilled with it, I have been making it with breast milk since and he seems a bit better with it. I start with one tablespoon of cereal and then add enough milk to make it quite runny. I have finding that once he is about part way through then I can thicken it up a bit because he has gotten used to the taste but doesn't like the consistency, once I put a bit more cereal into the mix he seems much happier.

Here he is after his first taste, he was really unsure what to make of this new taste.

1 comment:

  1. That is cute! We are trying to wait until the 6 month mark, but I so want to start now!! My freezer is stocked with so many fruit and veggies pureed, and I can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete